Studies prove that students with campus jobs tend to perform better in school, so get involved today! We have several different areas for students to work in, including: Culinary Services, Catering, Operations, Retail, Human Resources, Marketing, Administration, and Event Services.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us at 520-626-9205.
Before you apply:
- Bring acceptable documentation as defined HERE.
- Confirm that you are registered as a UArizona student with at least 6 units in order to qualify for Student Employment.
- Confirm your class schedule and map out when you really have time to work so that you can fully commit to your school and work schedule.
If you see three papers and a test coming in a few weeks, let your supervisor know as soon as you know, so that you can arrange something in advance, instead of waiting until the last minute!
- Student Dining Services Attendant
- Student Event Services Assistant
- Student Dining Services Cashier
- Student Office Assistant
- Student Coordinator
- Student Accounting
- And Many More!
For more information on the Arizona Applied Leadership Program, please contact:
AZ Student Unions
Click on the questions to display the answers.
How many hours will I need to work?
- The hours you work per week depends on you. You decide how many hours you would like to work. When you apply you may be asked to provide the times you are available to work. Managers use this to schedule shifts and do take your class schedule into consideration when hiring and scheduling.
- If you are applying to a specific job, make sure you read it carefully as some managers request a preferred number of hours.
- As a Student Worker you may work up to 25 hours per week (20 for international students) during the Fall and Spring semester and up to 35 hours per week during summer session, winter session, and spring break.
How much will I get paid?
This depends primarily on where you work. Most of our jobs are paid minimum wage. Some of our more qualified positions start at a higher pay. Please refer to the description or contact the supervisor for further questions.
Internships may be paid or unpaid. Please refer to the description or contact the supervisor for further questions
What if I have work study/financial aid?
- If you have completed your FAFSA and received your financial award letter stating you have qualified for Federal Work-Study, you are considered "work-study eligible". This means you can apply for both off campus and on campus jobs that accept work-study. The Arizona Student Union welcomes any work-study eligible student to apply, as all of our units accept Federal Work-Study.
- To check to see if you are work-study eligible or to find out more information about work study please visit the Financial Aid Office or go to their website at https://financialaid.arizona.edu/types-of-aid/fws
- If you were offered Federal Work-Study for the academic year, in August the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid will send you an email with your Federal Work-Study Authorization Form and information on how to activate your award.
I don't want to work with food; can I still get a job at the Union?
We employ anywhere from 800-1000 students during the Fall and Spring semesters. There are three main areas where you can work: Dining Services, Operations, and Retail/Administration. We have jobs ranging from dining services attendants to desk jobs and jobs in operations. Although 75% of our student jobs fall under Dining Services, there are a number of other opportunities in the Student Union.
What can I apply for?
You are able to apply to any and all available jobs at the Student Union. Each job is unique. The Student Union has 40+ units that hire students. The number and type of jobs varies during the year. We have several options for employment and jobs for every interest.
What if I've never had a job before?
We welcome every type of student to apply. If you have no previous work experience the Student Union is a good place to start as we provide on-the-job training. We offer a convenient on campus location and flexible scheduling. It's a great resume builder too!
Is it a good idea for freshman to work?
Working for the Student Union is a great way to get involved and to get to know your campus and peers. Studies prove that students who are involved on campus do better in school, and the Student Union is the perfect place to get involved! Working is a great chance to gain valuable skills, meet wonderful people, and make a little money too.
Where can I find available jobs?
To check current job openings please visit Handshake, the job board and career development platform for University of Arizona students, and search for ‘AZ Student Unions’. There you will find jobs in many different areas and will be able to read job descriptions and qualifications of all the units currently hiring. This information is updated regularly, so if you don't see something you like now, check back again in a few days or weeks.
What if I don't have a Net ID?
Handshake is the job board and career development platform for University of Arizona students and graduates. If you are a current, degree-seeking U of A student or a recent graduate from the past year, use your Net ID to create and log into our application.
Can I apply if I don't know my schedule?
Yes you can, but it may be easier to wait until you have a general idea of your availability. You are welcome to either reach out to the contact person identified in the posting or to our Student Unions Human Resources office for assistance. They can be reached at 520-626-9205 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if my schedule has changed since I applied?
If you have already applied and your schedule changes at any time, you can log back into your Handshake account and edit your existing application.
Once I apply, when will I be contacted?
Depending on where you applied to, the time it takes for you to be contacted may vary. Please be patient as our managers are very busy. If you are extremely interested in a certain position, feel free to contact the manager at that unit and give them your name and contact information, You are also welcome to reach out to our Student Unions Human Resources office for assistance. They can be reached at 520-626-9205 or at email@example.com.
Do you have summer employment?
Due to summer closures, the Arizona Student Unions does not actively seek students for summer employment. You can however apply for the Fall Semester during the summer and apply for the Spring Semester during the fall.
When can I start work?
If you are an incoming freshman, per University policy, you can start work 1 week prior to the first day of school. Your actual start date is determined by your hiring supervisor. You will need to fill out a hiring packet once you are offered a position. After the paperwork is processed, then you may begin work.
What if I am an international student?
If you have questions regarding international student employment please visit the International Student Programs and Services Office or their website at http://internationalstudents.arizona.edu/home
Are there opportunities for advancement?
Yes, there are ways to advance in the Student Union. You can become a student lead in your area, which provides you more responsibility. These positions are filled based on experience and high evaluation scores and completion of the Arizona Applied Leadership Program. As a student you may also move around to different areas, which is a unique feature to the Arizona Student Unions.
Who can I talk to if I have questions about the application process or Hiring?
You can reach out to our Student Human Resources at the Unions at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may contact their office by email with any question you have or by phone at (520) 626-9205.